To apply for a Portugal Golden Visa, you need to meet the program’s investment requirements.
If you’re looking for a way to live and invest in Europe, the Portugal Golden Visa program might be just what you need. This program offers non-EU citizens the opportunity to obtain a residency permit in Portugal in exchange for investing in the country’s economy.
Since 2012, more than 11,500 applicants have obtained a Golden Visa and residency in Portugal. In this article, you can find out more details about the program.
What is the Portugal Golden Visa program
The Portugal Golden Visa program was launched in 2012 and has since become one of the most popular residency-by-investment programs in Europe. It allows non-EU citizens to obtain a residency permit in Portugal. To get this right, you can invest in the country’s real estate, business, or capital market.
To apply for a Portugal Golden Visa, you need to meet the program’s investment requirements. If you maintain the investment for a minimum of five years, you can apply for naturalization as well.
Benefits of the program
Golden Visa for Portugal offers several benefits to its applicants, including:
- Residency in Portugal: You and your family can obtain a residency permit in Portugal, which allows you to live and work in the country. You can also study in Portugal through your Golden Visa.
- Visa-free travel: With a Portuguese residency permit, you can travel freely within the Schengen Area, which includes most of the European Union.
- Citizenship options: After five years of maintaining your investment, you can apply for permanent residency or even citizenship, if you meet the relevant criteria.
- Visa-free travel in 188 countries: Portuguese citizenship allows you to get visa-free travel to 188 countries.
- Education and healthcare: As a resident of Portugal, you and your family have access to the country’s education and healthcare systems.
- Family inclusion: Having said that, you can add your dependent family members to the program. These members include your spouse and children under the age of 18. Also, dependent children under the age of 26 if they are not married and if they’re students. Furthermore, your parents over the age of 65 can be added as well.
- No need to stay in Portugal: You don’t have to settle in Portugal to keep your Portugal Golden Visa. It’s sufficient to stay in the country for seven days on average each year.
How to become eligible for Golden Visa to Portugal
Let’s discover the main requirements to be able to apply for Portugal Golden Visa 2023:
- Nationality is one of the important criteria. You must be from countries except for EU and EEA countries. Also, you cannot be a Swiss citizen.
- You must be at least 18 years old as the main applicant.
- You need to hold a clean criminal record from both Portugal and your home country.
- The funds of your investment need to come from a country other than Portugal.
- You must make a qualifying investment.
What are the investment options for the Portugal Golden Visa Program
There are several investment options available for Portugal Golden Visa, including:
- Real estate: You can invest in real estate with a minimum value of €500,000. This investment can be made in one or more properties. If the property is in a low-density area, the minimum required amount is €400,000. You can also buy a property that is older than 30 years old. Also, it must be in an urban rehabilitation area. The minimum required amount for this is €350,000. If such a property is in a low-density area in Portugal, the required amount drops to €280,000.
- Capital transfer: You can transfer a minimum of €1,5 million to Portugal.
- Fund subscription: You can invest a minimum of €500,000 subscription in a qualifying Portuguese fund.
- Job creation: You can create a minimum of 10 jobs in Portugal through your business investment. You can also create eight jobs in a Portuguese business if it’s in a low-density area.
- Invest in an existing business: You can invest a minimum of €500,000 in an existing Portuguese business. In this case, the business must create a minimum of five new jobs for a minimum of three years.
- Donation: You can invest a minimum of €500,000 in a Portuguese research and development project. Or, you can invest a minimum of €250,000 in the protection of national heritage in Portugal.
In short, Portugal Golden Visa offers many advantages for its applicants. Apply today and start enjoying these benefits!