Rapidly expanding its diverse portfolio of tour experiences in European destinations like Dublin, Amsterdam, Spain, France, London, and more, City Experiences delivers unmatched explorations of major cultural sites, lesser-known haunts, family-run eateries and more through Walks and Devour Tours.
NEW YORL, NY – In 2023, City Experiences is expanding its one-of-a-kind tours in major European destinations through the award-winning international tour providers Walks and Devour Tours. In addition to adding to its existing curated offerings in Italy, Spain, France, UK and Portugal, and Greece, City Experiences expanded its footprint into Amsterdam and Dublin with six new Walks and Devour tours this spring. Within the last year, the tour operator has added over 25 new tours worldwide and will continue this growth with the addition of at least 40 more tours in 2023 across Europe and North America, offering over 150 tours worldwide.
In partnership with some of the world’s top museums & monuments, including the Vatican Museums, Statue of Liberty, Grand Central Terminal, Niagara Falls, and most recently, Sainte-Chapelle, Walks and Devour Tours offer truly unique, often exclusive, tours that travelers cannot find elsewhere. These tours are a welcome addition to the brand’s already existing roster of ultra-VIP tours including a Vatican Key Master Tour, Early Access Statue of Liberty Tour, VIP David and Duomo Tour, and more, all of which offer guests special admission to these world icons without the crowds.
“We’re proud to partner with such venerated, historic institutions to expand offerings of immersive and educational experiences that celebrate cultural heritage,” said Stephen Oddo, SVP Hornblower Group, President & Founder of Walks. “We strive to continually innovate new tours that provide our guests with one-of-a-kind and intimate access to the most prestigious global attractions led by the world’s best tour guides. By providing a new perspective on a historic landmark like Sainte-Chapelle or discovering a hidden local gem such as Dublin’s oldest pub, Walks & Devour tours expand and enhance the City Experiences global portfolio.”
Whether planning a long-overdue week away for the family or romantic getaway, City Experiences will help guests travel smarter and experience more. New in 2023, City Experiences offers the following new Walks & Devour tours in Europe:
- Walks: Windsor in a Day (Available starting April 27): Experience the enthralling history of Britain’s royal family on a guided tour through the largest, oldest occupied castle in the world and the town that surrounds it. Guests will also be treated to a relaxing river cruise. Marvel at the surrounding scenery as a local guide shares fascinating information about the area, Windsor Castle and the royal family, just in time for the royal coronation in May!
- Devour: Ultimate Amsterdam Food & History Tour (Available starting April 1): Demystify Dutch cuisine and learn why it’s so much more than stroopwafel. The rich culinary culture of the Netherlands goes hand in hand with its history, as guests taste for themselves while exploring three of Amsterdam’s most picturesque and historic neighborhoods.
- Walks: Amsterdam in a Day: First Entry Rijksmuseum, Canal Boat & Local Tastes (Available starting March 18): Embark on an all-inclusive tour that honors the very best of Amsterdam and makes every minute count. Begin your day by exploring the renowned Rijksmuseum and admiring iconic works of art before the crowds swarm in. Take in the stunning sights of “The Venice of the North” by cruising down its famed canals aboard a boat. Lastly, indulge in some traditional Dutch delicacies, stopping by some of the city’s most iconic spots that are not to be missed to truly complete your Amsterdam experience.
- Walks: Morning at the Museum: First Access Rijksmuseum Tour (Available starting March 17): Experience the awe-inspiring Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and immerse yourself in the mesmerizing artworks created by the Dutch masters. Enrich your visit with engaging anecdotes and vivid descriptions narrated by your guide, unveiling the captivating tales behind each masterpiece. With an extensive collection of over 6,000 artistic creations, exploring this museum independently can be daunting. However, by arriving early and being accompanied by an art expert, you can witness astounding creations before the masses arrive. This insider tip is your key to unlocking the wonders of one of Amsterdam’s most coveted museums.
- Walks: The Complete Life of Van Gogh: Closing Time Museum Tour (Available starting March 17): Vincent Van Gogh’s works were unappreciated during his lifetime. However, they have since gained widespread recognition for their visually captivating and culturally significant qualities. The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam is the world’s largest museum dedicated to a single artist, and it offers a unique opportunity to learn about Van Gogh’s life and mindset through his paintings. With the guidance of an art expert, you’ll be able to walk the galleries and take in Van Gogh’s masterpieces as the crowds are leaving.
- Devour: Pubs, Grub, and History: Dublin Food & Drink Tasting Tour (Available starting March 25): Dublin boasts both a colorful history and an unbeatable food and drinks scene. Known around the world for being the best place to have a beer, guests will take things one step further, visiting the hidden pubs that tourists often miss. Try Dublin’s most essential pub classics paired with Irish beer and whiskey, marveling at the city’s most impressive historical sites, popping from pub to pub.
- Dublin in a Day: Book of Kells, Guinness Brewery, Distillery & Castle (Available starting March 25): If you’re looking for the ultimate way to explore Dublin, look no further. In just one day, you’ll discover all the different sides of this captivating city. The journey starts with a glimpse into Dublin’s rich past, learning about its evolution from a Viking port to one of the warmest and most welcoming cities in the world. As Dublin is renowned for its superb drinks, you’ll visit a craft whiskey distillery located in Golden Triangle before moving on to the famous Guinness Storehouse. This tour is the perfect opportunity to experience everything Dublin has to offer in a single day.
- Walks: Pompeii with Panoramic Winery Lunch on Vesuvius Day Trip (Available starting March 11): Escape the hustle and bustle of the Eternal City on a carefully curated day trip to the sunny south. Walks will arrange a comfortable private transfer to Pompeii to explore the remarkably preserved streets of the ancient city with a knowledgeable expert guide. From there, it’s off to a picturesque vineyard on the slopes of the volcano for a stroll among the vines, with a three-course farm-to-table lunch and tasting of four wines. The tour finishes up with a digestivo at a panoramic terrace before boarding the private van and heading back to Rome.
- Walks: Roman Icons: Pantheon to Castel Sant’Angelo Tour with Panoramic View (Available starting April 1): Take a trip back in time to ancient Rome and discover the long-forgotten history that connects the Pantheon—the largest domed building in the ancient city—and Castel Sant’Angelo, a magnificent ancient mausoleum-turned-papal castle. As two of the most significant structures from ancient times still standing in the city, these monuments have their fair share of stories to tell, having been continually repurposed time and time again throughout the centuries. Complete with fascinating tales, special access, and some of the best views over Rome, this guided walking tour combines storytelling with historical facts for an unforgettable morning in the Eternal City
- Walks: Extraordinary Entry Sistine Chapel: VIP Access Official Vatican Tour (Launched February 2023): Discover the Vatican’s serene atmosphere with exclusive access to two exceptional tours in either the morning or evening. The morning tour is designed to allow you to explore the Vatican Museums and witness the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the public. Then, enjoy a breakfast buffet in the peaceful Pinecone Courtyard. The evening tour is a captivating after-hours adventure of the Vatican Museums with an aperitivo served in the courtyard following closing time. Regardless of your preference, both tours guarantee an intimate and personal experience, accompanied by an official Vatican guide, and the opportunity to view Michelangelo’s masterpiece in near solitude.
- Walks: Seville in a Day Tour with VIP Alcazar Access (Available starting April 10): There are certain sights in Seville—the Alcazar, Cathedral, Jewish Quarter, Plaza de España and Triana—that are on most visitors’ “must-do” lists. On this expertly crafted tour of Seville’s highlights, you’ll see all of these and more as an expert guide brings the story of the city to life. Walks has even secured access to the Alcazar before it opens to the public, to marvel in the architecture without the crowds.
- Walks: VIP Alone in Sainte-Chapelle & Marie Antoinette’s Prison Medieval Tour (Available starting April 4): Guests on the tour will join a local tour guide to get early access to explore Sainte-Chapelle, the stunning medieval chapel that was originally part of the Palais de la Cité, without the crowds. With Walks, you’ll enter the chapel at its quietest, giving you time to marvel at the stained glass windows with just your small group. Afterwards, guests will have time to explore the Conciergerie where Marie Antoinette’s cell once stood, before being whisked away to the Medieval streets of Paris to discover some of its highlights including the flower market, the Pont-Neuf, the Square du Vert-Gallant and a prime view of Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Devour: Paris Pastry and Chocolate Tour (Launched in March 2023): Guests on this tour will go off the beaten path to visit parts of Paris that are too delicious to miss. Work your way from traditional institutions serving up classics like croissants and Paris-Brest to the contemporary chocolatiers and boulangeries that are keeping the city’s reputation as the world’s best foodie destination intact. You’ll discover a new love for Paris on this short but sweet tour.